I recently read an article from last month posted at the blog, The New Civil Rights Movement titled I Do Not Deserve Your Tolerance. The premise of the article was that, we [LGBT people] don’t deserve tolerance because, as so wonderfully put by the article, tolerance is something you give to people/things that don’t know any better than to do what they are doing – like a dog that jumps up on you because they are glad to see you. I made my way through the list of things that the writer “is” or “does” like sorting the recyclables at his apartment or holding the door for other people and saw something in it that made me think of something my mother told me used to exist, chivalry.
jaysays February 18, 2009 1
- Kia and Toyota Appear to Allow Disparagment of Brand with Transphobia
- Anti-Transgender Businesses in Texas – List Released
- The Texas Government’s Invasion of LGBT Citizens – A glance at #txlege in the wake of Jade Helm 15
- The Danger of the “Call Out” – Confessions of a Recovering Activist: Part 3
- San Antonio School to Make Changes After Transgender Student Leads Protest